Application for Summer Residence 2019
Applications are now invited from all current students who would like to apply for summer residence in the Residential Colleges.
Students of the following status in the following categories are NOT eligible for applying for summer residence:
1. Termination of study
2. Programme completion
3. Leave of study
4. Committed to attending outbound exchange/ full-time internship/placement programmes
Plan 1: 12 June – 9 July 2019 (both nights inclusive)
Plan 2: 10 July – 6 August 2019 (both nights inclusive)
Plan 3: 13 June – 6 August 2019 (both nights inclusive)
- If the demand exceeds supply, priority will be given to current residents, and allocation will be granted by lottery;
- Indication of room type preference is required;
- Roommate matching is NOT entertained.
The admission offer would be emailed to successful applicants’ HSUHK gmail account on 26 April 2019 and/or updates will be put on Student Information System.
Students who have accepted offer and settled the full payment will be informed of their room assignment results on 24 May 2019 via their HSUHK gmail accounts. The room assignment is final and request for room change will not be considered.
|(both nights inclusive)||Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3|
|10 June – 9 July 2019||10 July – 11 August 2019||10 June – 11 August 2019|
|(30 nights)||(33 nights)||(63 nights)|
Successful applicants are required to pay the full payment on or before 5:00pm, 3 May 2019 for confirming their Summer Residence offer.
- Eligible students can apply via Student Information System.
- Application period: 10 – 18 April 2019.
- Applicants would receive an email acknowledgement after successfully completing the online form.
- Late application will not be entertained.
Application results will be announced on 26 April 2019.
|Online application||10 – 18 April 2019|
|Release of admission result||26-Apr-19|
|Acceptance of offer with full payment of the summer residence fee||Before 5:00pm, 3 May 2019|
|Release of room assignment result||24-May-19|
|Move-in||Plan 1 & Plan 3|
- Any change of summer residential plan after the application deadline will NOT be entertained;
- Extension of residential period will NOT be considered. All residents are required to move out before the said deadline even they will continuously reside in the following semester;
- The residential fee paid is non-refundable & non-transferable;
- The room is served for restricted to the residence of the successful applicant. If any violation is found, the case will be referred to the respective Residential College Master for deliberation;
- During the summer residence period, outsiders / contractors will carry out works in the Residential Colleges.