We encourage all HSUHK students who stay off-campus to utilise the Overnight Visit Scheme for academic and social needs. For example, non-residents who are trying to complete group projects, or whose home is far away from campus, can be hosted by a resident as overnight guest.
- A host is a current resident of the Residential Colleges;
- A guest is a current student of HSUHK who is staying off-campus and of the same gender of the host.
To ensure safety and security, quota is in place to regulate the number of overnight visitor:
- The maximum number of overnight visitors per night is capped at 35 in each RC, on first-come first-served basis;
- only 1 overnight visitor is allowed per night in each room; and
- a resident can host 1 overnight visitor per night, and 3 overnight visitors per month; same overnight visitor can stay for at most 3 nights per month across all 4 RCs.
The host may purchase a ticket for a guest through the following procedures:
- Download the application form.
- Seek permission from your Resident Tutor.
- Obtain consent from your roommate(s).
- Complete the application and submit to the RCU office (G/F of S H Ho Wellness College) from seven days in advance to no later than 17:30 of the night.
- Pay HK$70 fee in cash. A receipt will be issued to you and your guest.
- Both you and your guest should bring along the receipt throughout the stay for identity verification within the Residential Colleges.
- Your guest is eligible to stay between 23:00 to 11:00 of the following day.
The guest is entitled to stay between 11:00pm and 11:00am of the following day.
As a responsible host, you should plan ahead to accommodate the visit of your guests. Unauthorised visit beyond visiting hours will lead to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to a penalty of 5 times of the price of an overnight visiting ticket. Here are the things you should be aware of:
- The overnight visitor must be accompanied by corresponding host resident during the stay.
- The overnight visitor is expected to stay in the room and RC of the host resident only and not allowed to enter the room of other residents.
- All rules and regulations governing the Residential Colleges and Old Hall are applicable to all overnight visitors.
- Violation of any rules and regulations may render the host resident, overnight visitor and related students to disciplinary procedures promulgated by HSUHK.
- RC Masters or other authorized personnel of RC reserve the rights of revoking the overnight stay and request the visitor to leave the RC.
Download the application form