Admission Policies for Inbound Exchange Students 2019/20
The residential period for inbound exchange students is confirmed to the exchange term as agreed by The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong and the home institution. Successful applicants can move in one week before the commencement of the academic year and their residence period lasts till one week after the examination ends.
Invitation for application will be sent to eligible students in due course via email.
RC Fees and Related Charges
The residential colleges fee of Residential Colleges (RCs) are listed as below.
|Room Type||Fee per month||Fee for semester 1 + HK$350 for residential life activities|
|Residential Colleges (RC)||2-bed room||HK$1,920||HK$8,420|
|Payment of Semester One (paid after move-in)||2-9 September 2019|
Applicants will be informed of details of the payment method via email after release of application results.
There will be a review on Residential Colleges fees for 2020/21.
Applicants will be informed the details of the payment method via email after release of application results. Students can access MyHSUHK to view the charge statement.
If the applicants fail to pay the acceptance fee by the designated deadline, the residential offer will be forfeited and residential place will be assigned to the students on the waiting list.
|Air-conditioning charge||RCs||(the charge is on self-paid basis)|
|$1.6 per hour + $0.1 admin charge|
|RCs||Fee level for commercial type of laundry machine:|
|Washing machine: $5 per wash (approximately 35 mins)|
|Drying machine: $1 per 5 mins|
|Discount rate is proposed for the existing domestic type laundry machines:|
|Washing machine: $2 per 60 mins|
|Drying machine: $4 per 60 mins|
|Loss / Damage of key card||RCs||$100 per key|
|Door opening fee||RCs||$100|
|Damage of RC properties||RCs||The resident(s) concerned will be requested to bear the cost of repair / replacement, subject to the assessment of SAO in consultation with CDMO|
|Late move-out||RCs||$100 per night|
|Improper move-out||RCs||A minimum of $200 per room|
|(e.g. rooms left messy & unclean)|
|Refund policy||RCs||All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable except extenuating circumstances and approval from Senior Management is required.|
# Remarks: “RCs” is Residential Colleges
Move-in / -out
Date: 26 August 2019 (Semester One), 7 January 2020 (Semester Two)
Time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Venue: Residential Colleges Unit
- Residents are required to come to the move-in counter with the student ID card in person at the designated time to complete the move-in procedures.
- A Move-in Kit including a move-in record form, an air-conditioner remote control(optional), and a Resident Handbook will be given to each resident.
- Residents are required to check the room’s inventory and report to Residential Colleges Unit (RCU) within a week of move-in if there is any missing, malfunctioning or damaged item.
- Any missing, malfunctioning or damaged items inside the room upon check-in should be reported to Residential Colleges Unit (RCU) immediately. If no notification has been received within a week of move-in, damaged or missing items found during your period of stay and move-out will incur you a cost for repair/replacement. Further disciplinary action will be also taken, if appropriate.
Date: on or before 31 December 2019 (noon) (Semester One),
on or before 1 June 2020 (noon)
Venue: Residential Colleges Unit
Residents are required to complete the move out procedure IN PERSON AND ON or BEFORE the captioned move-out date.
In order to have speedy move-out, residents are strongly advised to move out before the deadline if possible. Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete the move-out procedures.
- Clear up all your belongings inside your room and restore the furniture setting of your room before reporting to us. Your bed space should be completely vacant. Any stuff left behind will be disposed otherwise a minimum charge of $200 per room will be levied if you do not clean up your room.
- Bring along your Student ID, and report to the lobby of your Residential College or RCU to collect the form “Inventory Check List for Move-out”. After checking your room’s inventory items by yourself, please go to the lobby of your Residential College again to complete the sign-out process.
- Air-conditioner of the room
Any remaining balance in the Student ID Card will NOT be refunded or transferred; you are reminded not to add too much value near to your move-out date.
- Vacate your belongings from refrigerator
Please clear up your food and drinks inside the refrigerators at the Common Room. This practice can help minimize overdue and unknown items in the refrigerators.
- Vacant your mailbox
Please remember to check and clear your mailbox. All uncollected mails will be returned to the Post Office.
- Late Move-out: Penalty charges ($100 per person per day) after the captioned move-out date and time will be levied for late move-out cases.
- Improper Move-out Penalty Charges: Please do not leave any stuff inside your room. A minimum of $200 per room will be levied if you fail to properly clean up your room, restore the furnishings upon move-out. Besides, penalty will be charged for any item damaged in the room. Please find the details of the penalty charges here.
- If you fail to check out by the deadline and required RCU to help in vacating the bed space by clearing, packing and moving the student’s belongings, penalty charge at $600 per person, on top of the late check-out penalty charges will be imposed.