Honours Academy @RCs
Honours Academy (HA) is an incubator for future leaders and the first of its kind among higher education institutions in Hong Kong. It assembles high-achieving year-two students to go through a three-year journey of focused leadership training. Each HA student live in the RCs for a minimum of one year. Cultivate intellectuality within the RC community is expected.
HA students participate in the RC events and facilitate intellectual initiatives in the RCs. It is aspired that HA students will synergise with other student residents on interdisciplinary learning.
Interdisciplinary Learning Experience
Collaborations among the Honours Academy, Residential Colleges and HA students are expected. It is hoped that the collaborations will enrich the living and learning of both HA students and student residents.
HSUHK Honours Academy Residential Learning Award 2021/22
To encourage distinguished students of the HA to further develop and polish their leadership skills during their residencies in the RC, the “HSUHK Honours Academy Residential Learning Award” (hereinafter referred to as the Award) is established in the academic year 2021/22 with the support of The Tung Foundation, aiming to provide incentives to enhance student learning and contributions to the RC community.
- Be a full-time undergraduate current student of the HA of good standing in the academic year 2021/22;
- Has resided in / being offered a bedplace in a Residential College for a whole residential year OR two consecutive full semesters (excluding summer semester);
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a proven track record of contributions to the HA; and,
- Attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above at the time of the application.
- Students who have been awarded the HSUHK Honours Academy Residential Learning Award in the past years will not be considered;
- Students who are in receipt of scholarship / bursary covering the RC fee shall not be eligible for the Award;
- Students with a disciplinary record in the RC shall not be eligible for the Award;
- The Award disbursement would be made in September upon the fulfilment of the residence requirements.
- The value of each Award shall be HK$7,500.
|Call for Application||17 January 2022|
|Deadline for Application||11 February 2022|
|Result Announcement||Early June 2022|
|Award Disbursement||September 2022|