Application for Summer Residence 2021
Applications are now invited from all current students who would like to apply for summer residence in the Residential Colleges.
Students of the following status in the following categories are NOT eligible for applying for summer residence:
1. Termination of study
2. Programme completion
3. Leave of study
4. Committed to attending outbound exchange/ full-time internship/placement programmes
Plan 1: 7 June – 7 July 2021 (30 nights) / with extension 31 May – 7 July 2021 (37 nights)
Plan 2: 7 July – 9 August 2021 (33 nights)
Plan 3: 7 June – 9 August 2021 (63 nights) / with extension 31 May – 9 August 2021 (70 nights)
- If the demand exceeds supply, priority will be given to current residents, and allocation will be granted by lottery;
- Indication of room type preference is required;
- Roommate matching is NOT entertained.
The admission offer would be emailed to successful applicants’ HSUHK gmail account on 11 May 2021. Updates will be made on Student Information System as well.
Students who have accepted offer and settled the full payment will be informed of their room assignment results on 25 May 2021 via their HSUHK gmail accounts. The room assignment is final and request for room change will not be considered.
|Plan 1||Plan 1 + Extension||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 3 + Extension|
|7 June – 7 July 2021||31 May – 7 July 2021||7 July – 9 August 2021||7 June – 9 August 2021||31 May – 9 August 2021|
|(30 nights)||(37 nights)||(33 nights)||(63 nights)||(70 nights)|
Successful applicants are required to pay the full payment on or before 5:00pm, 18 May 2021 for confirming their Summer Residence offer.
# Extension plans only available for current residents in Semester 2, 2020/21. They will stay at their assigned bed place in Semester 2, 2020/21 till 15 June 2021.
- Eligible students can apply via Residential Colleges Management System.
- Application period: 22 April – 2 May 2021.
- Applicants would receive an email acknowledgement after successfully completing the online form.
- Late application will not be entertained.
|Online application||22 Apr – 2 May 2021|
|Release of admission result||11 May 2021|
|Acceptance of offer with full payment of the summer residence fee||11 – 18 May 2021|
|Release of room assignment result||25 May 2021|
|Move-in||Plan 1 & Plan 3: 7 Jun 2021
(31 May 2021 with extension)
|Plan 2: 7 Jul 2021|
- Any change of summer residential plan after the application deadline will NOT be entertained;
- Extension of residential period will NOT be considered. All residents are required to move out before the said deadline even they will continuously reside in the following semester;
- The residential fee paid is non-refundable & non-transferable;
- The room is served for restricted to the residence of the successful applicant. If any violation is found, the case will be referred to the respective Residential College Master for deliberation;
- During the summer residence period, outsiders / contractors will carry out works in the Residential Colleges.