Application for Summer Residence 2020
Applications are now invited from all current students who would like to apply for summer residence in the Residential Colleges.
Students of the following status in the following categories are NOT eligible for applying for summer residence:
1. Termination of study
2. Programme completion
3. Leave of study
4. Committed to attending outbound exchange/ full-time internship/placement programmes
Plan 1: 8 June – 8 July 2020 (30 nights) / with extension 1 June – 8 July 2020 (37 nights)
Plan 2: 8 July – 10 August 2020 (33 nights)
Plan 3: 8 June – 10 August 2020 (63 nights) / with extension 1 June – 10 August 2020 (70 nights)
- If the demand exceeds supply, priority will be given to current residents, and allocation will be granted by lottery;
- Indication of room type preference is required;
- Roommate matching is NOT entertained.
The admission offer would be emailed to successful applicants’ HSUHK gmail account on 12 May 2020. Updates will be made on Student Information System as well.
Students who have accepted offer and settled the full payment will be informed of their room assignment results on 26 May 2020 via their HSUHK gmail accounts. The room assignment is final and request for room change will not be considered.
|(both nights inclusive)||Plan 1||Plan 1 + Extension||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 3 + Extension|
|8 June – 8 July 2020||1 June – 8 July 2020||8 July – 10 August 2020||8 June – 10 August 2020||1 June – 10 August 2020|
|(30 nights)||(37 nights)||(33 nights)||(63 nights)||(70 nights)|
Successful applicants are required to pay the full payment on or before 5:00pm, 19 May 2020 for confirming their Summer Residence offer
- Eligible students can apply via Residential Colleges Management System.
- Application period: 23 April – 3 May 2020.
- Applicants would receive an email acknowledgement after successfully completing the online form.
- Late application will not be entertained.
|Online application||23 Apr – 3 May 2020|
|Release of admission result||12 May 2020|
|Acceptance of offer with full payment of the summer residence fee||12 – 19 May 2020|
|Release of room assignment result||26 May 2020|
|Move-in||Plan 1 & Plan 3: 8 Jun 2020
(1 Jun 2020 with extension)
|Plan 2: 8 Jul 2020|
- Any change of summer residential plan after the application deadline will NOT be entertained;
- Extension of residential period will NOT be considered. All residents are required to move out before the said deadline even they will continuously reside in the following semester;
- The residential fee paid is non-refundable & non-transferable;
- The room is served for restricted to the residence of the successful applicant. If any violation is found, the case will be referred to the respective Residential College Master for deliberation;
- During the summer residence period, outsiders / contractors will carry out works in the Residential Colleges.