Application for Summer Residence 2022
Applications are now invited from all current students who would like to apply for summer residence in the Residential Colleges.
Students of the following status in the following categories are NOT eligible for applying for summer residence:
1. Termination of study
2. Programme completion
3. Leave of study
4. Committed to attending outbound exchange/ full-time internship/placement programmes
Plan 1: 6 June – 6 July 2022 (30 nights) / with extension 30 May – 6 July 2022 (37 nights)
Plan 2: 6 July – 8 August 2022 (33 nights)
Plan 3: 6 June – 8 August 2020 (63 nights) / with extension 30 May – 8 August 2022 (70 nights)
- If the demand exceeds supply, priority will be given to current residents, and allocation will be granted by lottery;
- Indication of room type preference is required;
- Roommate matching is NOT entertained.
The admission offer would be emailed to successful applicants’ HSUHK gmail account on 10 May 2022. Updates will be made on Student Information System as well.
Students who have accepted offer and settled the full payment will be informed of their room assignment results on 24 May 2022 via their HSUHK gmail accounts. The room assignment is final and request for room change will not be considered.
|Plan 1||Plan 1 + Extension||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 3 + Extension|
|6 June – 6 July 2022||30 May – 6 July 2022||6 July – 8 August 2022||6 June – 8 August 2022||30 May – 8 August 2022|
|(30 nights)||(37 nights)||(33 nights)||(63 nights)||(70 nights)|
Successful applicants are required to pay the full payment on or before 5:00pm, 17 May 2022 for confirming their Summer Residence offer.
# Extension plans only available for current residents in Semester 2, 2021/22. They will stay at their assigned bed place in Semester 2, 2020/21 till 14 June 2022.
- Eligible students can apply via Residential Colleges Management System.
- Application period: 21 April – 4 May 2022.
- Applicants would receive an email acknowledgement after successfully completing the online form.
- Late application will not be entertained.
|Online application||21 Apr – 4 May 2022|
|Release of admission result||10 May 2022|
|Acceptance of offer with full payment of the summer residence fee||10 – 17 May 2022|
|Release of room assignment result||24 May 2022|
|Move-in||Plan 1 & Plan 3: 6 Jun 2022
(30 May 2022 with extension)
|Plan 2: 6 Jul 2022|
- Any change of summer residential plan after the application deadline will NOT be entertained;
- Extension of residential period will NOT be considered. All residents are required to move out before the said deadline even they will continuously reside in the following semester;
- The residential fee paid is non-refundable & non-transferable;
- The room is served for restricted to the residence of the successful applicant. If any violation is found, the case will be referred to the respective Residential College Master for deliberation;
- During the summer residence period, outsiders / contractors will carry out works in the Residential Colleges.