One-off Policy on Withdrawal from RC and Refund of RC Fees
In view of the increase in the number of confirmed and suspected Novel Coronavirus infection cases and the further suspension of face-to-face teaching activities for the rest of Semester 2, a special one-off policy on withdrawal from the Residential Colleges (RCs) and refund of RC fees will be deliberated. Please read carefully the options available to you before deciding.
If you decide to withdraw from RC in Semester 2 (2019/20):
Applying for Withdrawal from the RCs
- Application Period: 10 – 14 February 2020
- Apply ONLINE
- Move-out Period: 10 – 21 February 2020 except Saturday and Sunday
10:00 – 12:00, 14:00 – 17:00
By appointment only. You may find the link to the booking system in the application.
- Before you move out:
- clear all the belongings inside your room and proceed to the Communal Hall for completing check-out procedure;
- read the Move-out Procedures and Reminders.
- If you are out of town or cannot come in person, you may authorize a HSUHK student to check out for you. The designated person must bring an authorization letter and will be required to complete a Health Declaration Form and take temperature checking.
- The RC fees paid will be refunded on pro-rata basis, calculating up to your check-out date.
If you decide to stay until the end of Semester 2 (i.e. 1 June 2020):
Effective from 1 February 2020, residents returning from mainland China are required to fulfill 14 consecutive days quarantine off-campus. You must complete a health declaration form when returning to the RCs or campus.
You are required to take your temperature when entering the RCs or campus and wear a surgical mask.
(Applicable to mainland student residents) If you decide to live in RCs in Summer Term:
Mainland student residents who decide to enroll for summer term and stay at the RCs may keep the current RC offer WITHOUT applying for withdrawal. In such case, the RC fees paid for Semester 2 will offset the RC fees for summer residence. Please complete the application by 14 February 2020.
RCU will announce the application for summer residence by late April.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.