New Non-local Students
1) The on-campus accommodation for new year 1 non-local undergraduate students will be guaranteed but they have to submit online applications via e-campus from 6-7 August 2020. Otherwise, they are regarded as forfeit to live at on-campus.
2) Senior-year admittees is eligible for applying for on-campus residence and the application is subject to bed places availability. The application period is from 11-14 August 2020. Details of the scoring system please refer to our website.
Students interested in living in the Residential Colleges should read and agree to comply with Regulations of Residential Colleges before submitting their application.
|Deadline of Online application||Deadline of Payment|
|International students and mainland students |
(non-JEE applicants) (Year 1- admittees)
|7 July 2020||16 July 2020|
|Mainland students via JEE examination||14 August 2020|
|25 August 2020|
|Senior Year Admittees||14 August 2020||25 August 2020|
Residential Period and Residential Fees for 2020/21
Full residential year of bedplaces are to be offered to successful applicants.
|Residential Year||Tentative Residential Period|
|2020/21||10 September 2020 – 31 May 2021|
Upon the announcement of application results, students have to pay the residential fee (RC Fee) as confirmation fee to indicate the acceptance of the offer. The confirmation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The residential offer will be forfeited if you missed the payment deadline and residential place will be assigned to the students on the waiting list.
Fees and Related Charges
Full residential year of residential places are offered to successful applicants.The tentative residential period of 2020/21 for new non-local students is 10 September 2020 to 31 May 2021.
The residential colleges fee of Residential (RCs) are listed as below. It remains the same rate as that of 2019/20.
|New Year 1 (Mainland) Student||Room Type||Fee per month||Semester 1 + HK$350 for residential life activities||Semester 2 + HK$350 for residential life activities|
|Residential Colleges (RC)||2-bed room||HK$1,920||HK$8,485||HK$9,885|
|New Year 1 (International) Student||Room Type||Fee per month||Semester 1 + HK$350 for residential life activities||Semester 2 + HK$350 for residential life activities|
|Residential Colleges (RC)||2-bed room||HK$1,920||HK$8,680||HK$9,885|
|Senior Year Admittees||Room Type||Fee per month||Semester 1 + HK$350 for residential life activities||Semester 2 + HK$350 for residential life activities|
|Residential Colleges (RC)||2-bed room||HK$1,920||HK$8,160||HK$9,885|
Residential fees is subject to annual review and revision.
Applicants will be informed the details of the payment method via email after release of application results. Students can access MyHSUHK to view the charge statement.
|Air-conditioning charge||RCs||(the charge is on self-paid basis)|
|$1.7 per hour|
|RCs||Fee level for commercial type of laundry machine:|
|Washing machine: $5 per wash (approximately 35 mins)|
|Drying machine: $1 per 5 mins|
|Discount rate is proposed for the existing domestic type laundry machines:|
|Washing machine: $2 per 60 mins|
|Drying machine: $4 per 60 mins|
|Loss / Damage of key card||RCs||$100 per key|
|Door opening fee||RCs||$100|
|Damage of RC properties||RCs||The resident(s) concerned will be requested to bear the cost of repair / replacement, subject to the assessment of SAO in consultation with CDMO|
|Late move-out||RCs||$100 per night|
|Improper move-out||RCs||A minimum of $200 per room|
|(e.g. rooms left messy & unclean)|
|Refund policy||RCs||All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable except extenuating circumstances and approval from Senior Management is required.|
# Remarks: “RCs” is Residential Colleges
|Events||New Mainland Year 1 Students via JEE||New Year 1 International and Mainland Students||Senior Year Non-Local Students|
|Online Application Period||6-14 August 2020||1-7 July 2020||11-14 August 2020|
|Release of Application Results||20 August 2020||10 July 2020||20 August 2020|
|Confirmation Fee Deadline||25 August 2020||16 July 2020||25 August 2020|
|Release of Room assignment||28 August 2020||28 August 2020||28 August 2020|
Move-in / -out
|Move-in||New Mainland Year 1 Students||New Year 1 International Students||Senior Year Non-Local Students|
|Date||10 September 2020||10 September 2020||10 September 2020|
|Time||9:00 am – 5:30 pm||9:00 am – 5:30 pm||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Venue||Communal Hall||Communal Hall||Communal Hall|
- Residents are required to come to the move-in counter with the student ID card in person at the designated time to complete the move-in procedures.
- A Move-in Kit including a move-in record form, an air-conditioner remote control(optional), and a Resident Handbook will be given to each resident.
- Residents are required to check the room’s inventory and report to Residential Colleges Unit (RCU) within a week of move-in if there is any missing, malfunctioning or damaged item.
- Any missing, malfunctioning or damaged items inside the room upon check-in should be reported to Residential Colleges Unit (RCU) immediately. If no notification has been received within a week of move-in, damaged or missing items found during your period of stay and move-out will incur you a cost for repair/replacement. Further disciplinary action will be also taken, if appropriate.
Date: on or before 31 May 2021 (noon)
Venue: Residential Colleges Unit
Residents are required to complete the move out procedure IN PERSON AND ON or BEFORE the captioned move-out date.
In order to have speedy move-out, residents are strongly advised to move out before the deadline if possible. Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete the move-out procedures.
- Clear up all your belongings inside your room and restore the furniture setting of your room before reporting to us. Your bed space should be completely vacant. Any stuff left behind will be disposed otherwise a minimum charge of $200 per room will be levied if you do not clean up your room.
- Bring along your Student ID, and report to the lobby of your Residential College or RCU to collect the form “Inventory Check List for Move-out”. After checking your room’s inventory items by yourself, please go to the lobby of your Residential College again to complete the sign-out process.
- Air-conditioner of the room
Any remaining balance in the Student ID Card will NOT be refunded or transferred; you are reminded not to add too much value near to your move-out date.
- Vacate your belongings from refrigerator
Please clear up your food and drinks inside the refrigerators at the Common Room. This practice can help minimize overdue and unknown items in the refrigerators.
- Vacant your mailbox
Please remember to check and clear your mailbox. All uncollected mails will be returned to the Post Office.
- Late Move-out: Penalty charges ($100 per person per day) after the captioned move-out date and time will be levied for late move-out cases.
- Improper Move-out Penalty Charges: Please do not leave any stuff inside your room. A minimum of $200 per room will be levied if you fail to properly clean up your room, restore the furnishings upon move-out. Besides, penalty will be charged for any item damaged in the room. Please find the details of the penalty charges here.
- If you fail to check out by the deadline and required RCU to help in vacating the bed space by clearing, packing and moving the student’s belongings, penalty charge at $600 per person, on top of the late check-out penalty charges will be imposed.