In provision of comprehensive financial support to students with financial difficulties, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (the “HSUHK”) establish the HSUHK Residential College Bursary Scheme starting from academic year 2018/19.
The annual value of each bursary shall be:
|Residential Period in Residential College||Value of Bursary (HK$)|
|Whole Year||$3,000, one-off|
|One Semester||$1,500, one-off|
- Full-time local students with residential college offer in academic year 2018/19 with full payment of residential colleges fee paid;
- With proven financial needs;
- Priority would be given to students from family supported by the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme and/or students receiving financial assistance under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) (according to the level of financial assistance of the Tuition Fee Grant) as granted by the Student Finance Office of the HKSAR Government;
- Students with special needs, under extenuating circumstances, would be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- With Year GPA of 2.0 or above in academic year 2017/18 (applicable to non-first year students only).
- Eligible students may submit application through the Scholarship Management System
- Students should observe the Guiding Principles for Scholarship/ Award and Financial Assistance Schemes as stipulated by the Scholarship and Financial Assistance Committee before submission of application.
(for residents with whole year
or Semester 1 residency only)
(for residents with
Semester 2 residency only)
|Application Period||16 Nov –|
2 Dec 2018
|21 Dec 2018 –
10 Jan 2019
|Release of Application Result||Dec 2018||Jan 2019|
|Disbursement of Bursary*||Late Dec 2018/|
Early Jan 2019
|Mid Jan 2019|
- Eligible student who fails to submit application through the Scholarship Management System by the designated deadline set by the SAO, his/her application would not be considered.
- Recipient who fails to provides/ updates bank account information through the eCampus, for disbursement purpose, by designated deadline set by the SAO, his/her bursary would be forfeited.
- The recipient is required to attend functions related to the bursary organized by the Donor and/or the HSUHK.
- The recipient shall abide by any other conditions laid down by the HSUHK.
- The HSUHK reserves the right to request the recipient to reimburse the bursary if the recipient’s conduct is deemed unsatisfactory or his/her studies is terminated.