In provision of comprehensive financial support to students with financial difficulties, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (the “HSUHK”) establishes the residential college (RC) bursary scheme starting from academic year 2018/19.
With the generous support from The Tung Foundation, the bursary scheme will be sponsored by The Tung Foundation in academic year 2019/20 and 2020/21 and is named as The Tung Foundation Residential College Bursary.
The annual value of each bursary shall be:
|Residential Period in Residential College||Value of Bursary (HK$)|
|Whole Year||$3,000, one-off|
|One Semester||$1,500, one-off|
- Full-time local students with residential college offer in academic year 2019/20 with full payment of residential colleges fee paid;
- With proven financial needs;
- Priority would be given to students from family supported by the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme and/or students receiving financial assistance under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) (according to the level of financial assistance of the Tuition Fee Grant) as granted by the Student Finance Office of the HKSAR Government;
- Students with special needs, under extenuating circumstances, would be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- With Year GPA of 2.0 or above in academic year 2018/19 (applicable to non-first year students only).
- Eligible students may submit application through the Scholarship Management System
- Students should observe the Guiding Principles for Scholarship/ Award and Financial Assistance Schemes as stipulated by the Scholarship and Financial Assistance Committee before submission of application.
|Application Period||1 Dec 2019 – 5 Jan 2020|
|Release of Application Result||Feb 2020|
|Disbursement of Bursary*||Feb – Mar 2020|
*Subject to payment of RC fee in full by student.
- Any eligible student who fails to submit application through the Scholarship Management System and/or provide/update bank account information through the eCampus, for the purpose of disbursement, by the designated deadline set by the SAO, will not have his/her application considered and/or the bursary he/she is entitled for will be forfeited.
- Recipients of the bursary are required to attend functions related to the bursary organized by the Donor and/or the HSUHK.
- Recipients shall abide by any other conditions laid down by the HSUHK.
- Recipient must be an active student by the time of application, selection and disbursement. Any student who is withdrawn/deregistered with the HSUHK/has their student status deactivated, even if having been in good academic standing in the previous academic year, will not be considered.
- The HSUHK reserves the right to withhold disbursement or to request the recipient to reimburse the bursary if the recipient’s conduct is deemed unsatisfactory or the recipient is not an active student or has outstanding fees or payments.