Old Hall (for non-local post-graduate students)
Old Hall located at 1/F & 2/F of Academic and Administration Building (Block M).
- Full-time non-local taught postgraduate students will be eligible to apply for residence in Old Hall.
- Full-time incoming postgraduate exchange students (from institutions with established agreements with the university) will be eligible to apply for residence of Old Hall.
Full residential year hall places are to be offered to successful applicants. The residential period is normally 10 months to 12 months starting from mid-August.
|Residential Year||Residential Period Note1|
|2020/21||28 August 2020 – 31 May 2021|
|2020/21 (summer)||1 June 2021 – 31 July 2021|
Note1 The period of residence stay will be confirmed and announced by SAO and will be subject to review in the case of changes in student status, study programmes and/or other circumstances. Upon completion of their normal study period, students will be required to move out of the residence before the end date of the normal study period or a specified date to be decided by SAO.
Old Hall offers 4-person bedroom, each room (20sq meter) is equipped with all the basics:
- Air conditioner with check-meter;
- Each student a twin power socket and 1 data point;
- Loft bed, mattress, working desk and wardrobe;
- Communal washroom and bathroom
- Common area (1 room per floor)
- Commercial laundry machines (coin-operated)
|Room type||Fee per month per person|
|4-person (loft-bed) room||$3,000|
|The above rate excludes air-conditioning and laundry fee.
The hall fee will be collected in 2 instalments in each semester.
Eligible applicants are required to submit their application by returning the complete application form with supporting documents (if any) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Old Hall (new non-local TPGs)”.
The first round of offer will be announced since the mid of May. Application for topping-up offer (if any) will be sent to eligible applicants.